Cambridge is a residential University, and nearly every student has to stay within the University boundary (an eleven mile radius from Great St. Mary’s, The University Church) for a certain number of nights, during a certain number of Terms, to qualify for his or her degree. This is referred to as “keeping Term”. The Graduate Tutor will be able to explain what you need to do to meet the residence requirements.

There is some confusion about the difference between “Term” and “Full Term”. Term is the period of undergraduate entitlement to residence in College, whilst Full Term is a shorter period (8 weeks) during which lectures and supervisions take place.